Virtual Program: Breaking the Cultural Code: How to Counsel the Hispanic Population
- Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - Tuesday, December 07, 2021
- When: Virtual program kicks off on Nov. 2, 2021 to celebrate Diabetes Awareness Month and occurs weekly until Dec. 7, 2021, for a total of 6 weeks
- Who: For any healthcare professional who works with Hispanic population
- How: Program is offered virtually at this time; program recording will be available following program completion
- Price: $149 for a limited time – prices go up 10.12.21. Student price: $49
- CEUs: 12 continuing education units available
Lorena and her network of speakers who hail from each of the countries featured in this program will focus on the importance of cultural competency when counseling individuals with diabetes and cardiometabolic conditions. Attendees will learn about the culture and culinary preferences of each of the Hispanic subgroups as they cook alongside each speaker.