Current Volunteer Opportunities:
National Nutrition Month - be on the lookout in the coming weeks for a call for volunteers for our National Nutrition Month event with the Hands on Children's Museum in Olympia.
Mission Nutrition - We have the opportunity to provide diabetes education classes and one-on-one couseling sessions for uninsured older adults who have diabetes and receive dental care at the Olympia Union Gospel Mission. All classes and individual counseling will be held on Zoom at this time. Stay tuned for more information and to learn more about volunteering!
Contact us for more details or if you are interested in volunteering!
Salvation Army Homeless Feeding Site: downtown Olympia, on the corner of 5th and Plum
- Preparing and serving the dinner meal (5-6)
- Some lunch days could use help
- Constant need to wrap forks in napkins and put together serving kits for meals taken to quarantine sites.
Contact – Dee Dee Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
Olympia Kiwanis Foodbank Gardens: Multiple locations
- greenhouse seeding
- moving compost
- harvesting and delivering vegetables
Thurston County Food Bank: Multiple locations
- Van drivers pick up food from food drives in the community and make deliveries to schools and community organizations.
- Co-pilots assist our drivers with their daily routes.
- Baggers put together the prepackaged bags of groceries
- Administrative volunteers check-in clients that come for service, do critical data entry
- Service floor volunteers assist clients as they make their way through our “grocery store”
- Kitchen volunteers take items purchased or donated in bulk (like dried beans, oatmeal, or foods rescued from restaurants) and repackage them into family size or individual portions at the CSC.
- Warehouse Volunteers run the back-end of lifting, loading, and organizing to get food on the shelves for clients at both the CSC and WDC.
- SuperSort Volunteers help go through thousands of pounds of mixed food donation boxes at the WDC, sorting them into categories that are easier to hand out to clients.
Contact - (360) 754-5703 x105 or email@example.com