Membership & Benefits
Benefits of Joining OADA:
- Access to educational presentations on a variety of pertinent and current dietetic topics
- Opportunities to network with the passionate, knowledgeable, and fun nutrition professionals in the area
- Opportunity to earn up to 10 CEU's/ year at a very low price
- Eligibility for OADA Board positions (earn an additional 2 CEU's depending on position)
- Voting privileges that directly influence how the OADA serves the community and its members
- Refreshments & a meal provided at every meeting
- Enhances personal development & contribution to the dietetics profession
- Learn more about current WSAND/AND efforts and share your voice/opinion
** A $1.50 online transaction fee is included in all price options
THINGS TO NOTE:
- In order to be a member of OADA, you must be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) *See the list of benefits below!
- Non-AND members are still welcome to attend all of our meetings & receive CEU's (see application for pricing)
- We are a district affiliate of the Washington State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (WSAND). By joining the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) and residing in Washington State, you are automatically granted membership to WSAND. However, you must pay a separate membership fee to participate in the OADA.
- Academy membership pays for your Washington Academy membership bringing opportunities to network, advance your career, and establish relationships where you live and work that can last a lifetime.
- Membership in a professional organization of your peers and tied to your career offers strength in numbers, recognition, and a chance to “pay it forward” in your community.
- Electronic newsletters and publications help you stay on top of the latest information and changes impacting your profession.
- Free on-line job services are a 24/7/365 option through the Academy and our state website. “Find a Registered Dietitian” is a national online referral service free for all active category members. It is the perfect way for consumers and vendors to make contact to access your services, regardless of where you work. Did you know that attending the annual FNCE offers members face-to-face contact with employers looking for qualified nutrition professionals? Bring your resume!
- Dietetics Practice Groups are fun and a great way to get involved with other nutrition professionals with similar interests.
- More than 100 different scholarships and grants are provided annually through both the Academy and the Washington State Academy. Need cash for continuing education? Washington State's Foundation Fund can help!
- Educational opportunities help you earn continuing education professional credits and participate in free tutorial modules plus 24-hour access to the Practice-Based Research Network and the Evidence Analysis Library.
- Stay current and understand what is happening throughout the world with Information Resources from the Daily News to the Journal, Eat Right Weekly, and Nutrition Tips. Of course, the Nutrition Care Manuals and Sharecare are added bonuses.
- If healthcare reform and public policy are your favorite past time, your peers at the Academy have paved the way for your involvement to be easier and more productive.
- Discounts on travel, car rentals, home and auto insurance, long term care (LTC) insurance, pet insurance and professional liability insurance are always available.