2023-2024 Upcoming Meetings and Activities!
Browse our upcoming events below and check back often for updates and new events!
Member meetings are, unless otherwise stated, the first Tuesday of the month at 5:30pm in the Physician's Pavillion Room 403 @ The Capital Medical Center in Olympia.
Tuesday, March 14 5:30 pm - March Member Meeting
Motivational Interviewing with Stephanie Notaras, MS in Social Health and Counseling, PhD
- Stephanie is the founder of Dietitian Counseling Skills Program
- We will learn counseling strategies that will help clients become more engaged, and therefore more likely to make changes.
Tuesday, February 21 5:30 pm - February Member Meeting
- This month's topic is: Using Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGMs)--Identifying root causes of dysglycemia and creating sustainable behavior change.
- Learn to spot root causes for dysglycemia using a CGM
- Learn to use the CGM as an educational tool to improve buy-in from patients
- Learn the "minimum effective dose of change" strategy for best adherence and long-term outcome.
- Learn what "good enough" looks like.
Tuesday, January 10 5:30 pm - January Member Meeting
- This month's topic is: The Complexity of Food Intolerances: Identifying, managing and (yes, even) reversing intolerances to food
- Methods of identifying food intolerances
- The different types of food intolerances to consider based on client presentation
- The most common underlying drivers to food intolerance
- How to help clients regain tolerance
- How to stay within scope of practice
Tuesday, November 8th 5:30 pm - November Member Meeting
- Join us at our first IN-PERSON meeting back!! This month's topic is:
Whole Foods Tube Feeding/Lactation vs. Formula in Pediatric Oncology - A Story of Collaborative CarePresented by Registered Nurse Christina Kressin. Join us for a fabulous dinner and a story of passion and perseverance.Learn about the team approach between a passionate mother/RN and a supportive Registered Dietitian, as they navigate functional whole food tube feeding combined with lactation therapy to maximize the health and outcomes for her child, in pediatric oncology care.
Saturday, July 30th 11am-2pm:OADA Summer Social @ the Lawn at 13th & Mckenzie-Rescheduled to August 13th due to heat wave