Membership & Benefits
If you love your profession and want to join the greater community of EXCELLENT dietetic professionals, we welcome you to join the OADA.
In order to be a member of OADA, you must be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) (see the list of benefits below).
We are a district affiliate of the Washington State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (WSAND).
Joining the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) and residing in Washington State automatically joins you to the WSAND. However, you must pay a separate membership fee to participate in OADA.
Online membership application for AND
Membership application for OADA, please download and e-mail completed form to:
Nora Patterson,Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Joining OADA:
- Educational presentations on a variety of important and popular dietetic topics
- Network with the passionate, knowledgeable, and fun nutrition professionals in our area
- Earn 2 CPE units at every meeting
- Refreshments/dinner at the meetings
- Enhance personal development, professional community, and dietetics profession
- Learn more about current WSAND/AND efforts and share your voice/opinion
Benefits of being an AND Member:
The Academy has contacted you about renewing your membership for 2016-17. What benefits come with renewal? What does less than 82 cents per day offer you as a member and why should you renew? Here are 10 reasons why you should be a member of the Academy:
- Academy membership pays for your Washington Academy membership bringing opportunities to network, advance your career, and establish relationships where you live and work that can last a lifetime.
- Membership in a professional organization of your peers and tied to your career offers strength in numbers, recognition, and a chance to “pay it forward” in your community.
- Electronic newsletters and publications help you stay on top of the latest information and changes impacting your profession.
- Free on-line job services are a 24/7/365 option through the Academy and our state website. “Find a Registered Dietitian” is a national online referral service free for all active category members. It is the perfect way for consumers and vendors to make contact to access your services, regardless of where you work. Did you know that the last day of FNCE offers members face-to-face contact with employers looking for qualified nutrition professionals? Bring your resume!
- Dietetics Practice Groups are fun and a great way to get involved with other nutrition professionals with similar interests.
- More than 100 different scholarships and grants are provided annually through both the Academy and the Washington State Academy. Need cash for continuing education? Washington State's Foundation Fund can help!
- Educational opportunities help you earn continuing education professional credits and participate in free tutorial modules plus 24-hour access to the Practice-Based Research Network and the Evidence Analysis Library.
- Stay current and understand what is happening throughout the world with Information Resources from the Daily News to the Journal, Eat Right Weekly, and Nutrition Tips. Of course, the Nutrition Care Manuals and Sharecare are added bonuses.
- If healthcare reform and public policy are your favorite past time, your peers at the Academy have paved the way for your involvement to be easier and more productive.
- Discounts on travel, car rentals, home and auto insurance, long term care (LTC) insurance, pet insurance and professional liability insurance are always available.