Peer Reviewed Sites
Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs)
- The Food and Nutrition Information Center website of the USDA provides links to the Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs) and supporting information including summaries of their development, information about using the DRIs to plan and assess the diets of groups and individuals, summary tables and detailed reports
CDC Pediatric Genetics Website
New features of the site include: easy-to-read information on genetic disorders, family health history, genetic counseling, newborn screening and a compilation of important data and scientific publications:www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/pediatricgenetics
AND Evidence Analysis Library
- The American Dietetics Association is compiling evidenced-based nutrition practice guidelines and toolkits, including one that focuses on pediatric weight manatement.
Oral Health Fact Sheets for children with special health care needs
- Fact sheets for 14 mild to moderate manifestations of special needs conditions developed by the Univeristy of Washington School of Dentistry
- Developed for Dental Professions, Medical Professionals, Parents and Caregivers.
- Fact sheets may be found at http://dental.washington.edu/departments/omed/decod/special_needs_facts.php